Wildsam Field Guide - Texas
Wildsam Fields Guides have always been a company built on telling true stories of place and that a person’s sense of wonder can be a transformative force. From their new Road Trip Series comes the biggest and best of them all: The Texas Field Guide.
From your soon to be favorite Tex-Mex pit stops to Gruene Dance Hall, you’ll find all the best smoked brisket, bohemian retreats, and scenic stopovers our vast and varied Lone Star State has to offer.
- Dance Halls of note
- Intel on the state’s best brisket, chili, and kolaches
- A Round Top Antiques Fair primer
- An expert selection on retro inns, bohemian retreats, and elegant lodgings
- JT Van Zandt on the Texas coast
- Scenic stopovers in the Hill Country
- An interview with contemporary artist Deborah Roberts
- Big Bend by horseback
- Kimberly King Parsons tracks her family’s (and the state’s) musical lineage
- A history of Texas Monthly’s Bum Steer Awards